Baby yoga group
About the course
Please note this course is only for mums who are already under our perinatal service.
The course is for four weeks and sessions last between 60-90 minutes.
A session will include a dry massage routine for your baby and a range of baby yoga moves (with singing!) that will culminate in a baby yoga routine for the whole body. We will also practice specific routines that can help with colic, digestion and congestion.
The sessions are also dedicated to your well-being so we will practice a range of gentle yoga exercise suitable for post-natal recovery. There is also a relaxation sequence for mothers and babies.
You don’t need to bring anything other than baby. Mats, cushions and towels are supplied. There are baby changing facilities and there will be a bottle/jar warmer if needed. The course is suitable from birth to when babies are crawling. Please wear loose and comfortable clothing so that you can enjoy the stretches. Biscuits and other refreshments are also provided.
Benefits for baby
- encourages neural development and enhances the sensory motor skills
- helps with growth and muscle tone
- can help with wind and colic
- yoga strengthens the digestive, respiratory and immune systems
- develops the baby’s body-mind awareness and co-ordination
- encourages bonding and interaction
- it’s fun - babies love to interact with other babies.
Benefits for you
- time for you to relax with baby
- aids post-natal recovery and can strengthen the pelvic floor muscles
- helps you to understand your baby’s non-verbal communication
- raises the hormone ‘oxytocin’ which helps us cope with stress
- can help you deal with baby ailments such as colic and sleep problems
- it’s fun - you meet other parents in a relaxing and tranquil environment.
If you would like to attend or find out more, please speak to your lead perinatal practitioner who will be able to give you further details of how to book onto the course.1