Outpatient Physiotherapy Service
COVID-19 update: this service is now running normally
We're a team of Chartered Physiotherapists registered with the Health and Care Professions Council. Our experienced therapists all have specialist skills in the assessment and treatment of injuries and conditions that affect muscles, joints and soft tissues.
We use physical approaches to promote, maintain and restore physical, social and psychological well-being. We're committed to using scientific evidence to support our treatments. Treatment may involve manual therapy (hands on treatment such as mobilisation/manipulation), electrotherapy (such as ultrasound), therapeutic exercise, rehabilitation advice and education.
Accessing the service
Your Doctor, Consultant or Healthcare professional can refer you to us. Once we have your referral we'll contact you as soon as possible to offer an appointment time that is convenient for you, and is based on the severity of your condition.
Although many physiotherapy departments still use curtained cubicles, when informed in advance, clinic rooms can be made available allowing for a reduction in noise levels and where lighting can be adjusted for those who struggle in normal circumstances or have special educational needs.1
Phone and video consultations
The service is now using telephone and video consultations alongside face to face appointments when needed. Please watch the video below which has further information on the options available to you and how this new technology will work and enable us to help you.
If you have made a video appointment, and misplaced the letter which has the link, visit the physiotherapy Attend Anywhere at your planned appointment time.
For all other concerns or questions please call 01202 843410 or email email@example.com
Our Dorset also has information on virtual consultations which can be read on its website.1
For information and exercises on a range of musculoskeletal conditions, and to refer yourself to outpatient physiotherapy, please read our self-referral information or complete our patient/carer self-referral form.
More information can also be found at https://www.mskdorset.nhs.uk/
Dorset MSK service phone number: 0300 3035267
Dorset MSK service email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are able to refer yourself to outpatient physiotherapy in Dorset. Please read the self-referral information where you will also find a range of information and exercises to help you treat your condition.
Your doctor, consultant or healthcare professional can also refer to us by sending a letter or via https://www.mskdorset.nhs.uk/. Once we have your referral we'll contact you as soon as possible to offer an appointment time that is convenient for you, and is based on the severity of your condition.
What to expect at your appointment
- Our team will contact your to arrange a virtual assessment by telephone or secure video consultation. We will ask you some specific questions and ask you to perform some movements in order to diagnose your condition.
- We will discuss your personal goals for rehabilitation and devise a treatment plan with you to help you achieve them effectively. This may involve attending our departments for further assessment and treatment – we will advise you of the measures we have put in place for your safety.
- We will explain your condition and how we might work together to help it.
- Your virtual consultation may require 30 - 45 minutes, ‘follow up’ and treatment appointments will be 20 - 30 minutes.
- We will ask for your consent before any assessment or treatment
- Your GP will be informed of your assessment and progress.
- Although many physiotherapy departments still use curtained cubicles, when informed in advance, clinic rooms can be made available allowing for a reduction in noise levels and where lighting can be adjusted for those who struggle in normal circumstances or have special educational needs.