COVID-19 service update: this service is now running normally1
We provide specialist support for people living with persistent pain, helping them to lead as fulfilling and independent lives as possible.
Our community pain service deals with all forms of chronic pain, including musculoskeletal (muscles, bones and joints), neurological (nervous system), internal organs and unexplained pain.
We offer a range of support and treatments, including:
- medication and injection therapy
- self-management strategies
- psychological therapy and counselling
- physical therapy to improve fitness and mobility
- complementary treatments, such as TENS clinics, meditation and relaxation
- group-based pain management programmes.
We also provide employment support, to help people return to work or find a new job.
The service employs consultant anaesthetists, psychologists, counsellors, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and nurses, based in community hospitals and clinics across Dorset.
If you, or your loved one, would like to access this service, please speak to your GP.
For more information, please visit our pain service website.1