Help stop the spread of COVID-19
The NHS in Dorset and Public Health England (PHE) are working to manage and limit the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). You can also help by taking the following steps.
Stay at home
- Following Government advice, you should minimise all social contact, work from home and travel only if absolutely necessary.
- Limit any time spent outside of the home as much as possible and ensure you remain two metres away from anyone outside of your household.
Self-isolate if necessary
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 – a high temperature (37.8 degrees or more), loss of taste or smell, and/or a new continuous cough – please self-isolate and do not leave your home at all for seven days (or 14 days if you share your home with others)
- If your symptoms worsen or persist longer than seven days, contact NHS 111 online, or call 111 if you have no internet access.
Practice good hygiene
- Please wash your hands more often than usual for 20 seconds each time, or use hand sanitiser gel. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.