Advice for hospital and inpatient unit visitors
Visitors to inpatient wards in our hospitals and other sites
- Please do not visit hospital or any NHS inpatient site if you, or anyone in your household, has a continuous cough or high temperature above 37.8 degrees – or other infectious illnesses such as diarrhoea or vomiting
- Only essential visits should be made to a hospital or inpatient unit, such as if you are the main carer of a patient there. Everyone else should avoid visiting – especially children and those who are frail or have underlying health conditions
- Visitors should wash their hands regularly and use alcohol rub when entering and leaving ward areas
- Visitors must follow staff advice at all times.
Advice for visiting patients with suspected or confirmed coronavirus
- Visitors will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) provided by the hospital
- Visitors will be restricted to a patient's room and cannot visit other departments, patients or locations within the hospital after visiting.